Monday, December 27, 2010

A Change of Plans

This morning started with a reminder of how fragile both life and our plans can be. This morning started with a phone call informing us of my father-in-law's passing just minutes earlier. While he had been ill, no one anticipated just how short his time on earth would be.

While we were looking forward to the Shootout for many different reasons, it will unfortunately have to wait another year (the good Lord willing). The last month and a half has been an all out dash to get a car ready to go, it will be disappointing not to get it on the track. We had a few new trick parts that we were anxious to debut. I guess we'll probably show them off on the site soon. I would like to wish the best-of-luck to all of our customers and friends that are making the trip. I hate to be prejudice but would like to give a special shout out to the several drivers that will be in FOZ Race Cars including Beau Stewart, T.J. Heil, Jacob Wilson, David Applegate, Brett Burrows and Megan Wood. We will sure miss the chance to catch up and enjoy some good racing with each of you.

I was really excited about being able to bring updates back to everyone toughing out the winter at home. All though I won't be able to do it first hand, I will still attempt to do my best to provide updates as I talk with the drivers in attendance. Be sure to check back.